Wednesday 30 April 2008

garden love

“The first gatherings of the garden in May of salads, radishes and herbs made me feel like a mother about her baby – how could anything so beautiful be mine. And this emotion of wonder filled me for each vegetable as it was gathered every year. There is nothing that is comparable to it, as satisfactory or as thrilling, as gathering the vegetables one has grown.”

Alice B Toklas

i am so deeply inspired & satisfied by my garden this year. so much so that i have started a backyard community garden with some pals just around the corner from my place. we have been dreaming, planning, shoveling, moving compost, and more compost, and even more compost. i am in awe of each seed i plant. each seed contains life potential, and the history of generations of farmers. it connects me with that history and the very earth itself. i feel such joy as i see the seed coming to life - busting forth - its bright green freshness brings me into the moment - allowing me to appreciate - really appreciate all that makes up this wild & wonderful experience of life. lucky lucky lucky....

you can see what we are up to at the graveley gardens - graveleygarden.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment