- walter harvey's biodynamic aubergine for baba ganoush, red sensation pears & honey crisp apples to be eaten with joy, while wiping the juices from my chin (cawston, bc)
- helmers biodynamic larouge red potatoes for potato salad (pemberton, bc)
- wild products' pine mushrooms for pasta delight (forest floor, bc)
- ann friesen's organic multi coloured carrots (abbotsford, bc). the carrots will be used in everything, but first up, they will be in miso noodles for sunday morning breakfast, and then i`ll be making some salad rolls with brown rice vermicelli, green onions, cucumber, cilantro, and ann`s carrots
- celyddon farm's organic english cucumber for the spring rolls & salad
i then had a visit with some friends with backyard chickens. by dog, blue, and one of the polish hens, blanche, have a bit of a love affair going. it is sweet to see them excited to see each other, nose to nose through the coop. i could spend all day chatting with the girls.